The History of our School
A picture taken not long after the present school was built
|The History of the school goes back as far as 1614. The present School buildings were erected on the Bassett Lane site in three phases between 1967 and 1973, with the addition of a double Mobile classroom in 1981. At one point, the School roll rose to 360. The close links between Church and School have been maintained, and developed over the years; following the 1944 Education Act, it was decided that the School should adopt "Voluntary Aided" status. The atmosphere and RE are Christian rather than specifically Anglican, the School serving the whole community. We are pleased that the school children meet in the Parish Church at regular intervals throughout the year for Assemblies and Festival Services. There is a very happy relationship between the Head Teacher, Staff and Governing Body.
|All Saints School is a Church of England Voluntary Aided Co-educational Primary School. This means that the school is affiliated to the Church of England, which shares responsibility for the school with the local education authority.